HTP Is an excellent, extremely low stretch rope for Rope Access, Height Safety and other technical rope work.
There is a great need in technical rope work of all kinds to have a strong, durable and very low stretch rope. Nylon is a great fibre for low stretch and dynamic ropes due to its multipurpose use, but in certain applications a true static rope is far more efficient. That is why Sterling developed the HTP series of 100% polyester ropes. Sterling’s HTP™ all-polyester ropes offer significant advantages over nylon low stretch/static ropes in many applications. With less than 2.5% stretch per 150kg load, the need to pre-tension is less, reducing the loads on high lines and tracklines as well as the time to set up.
Other features of HTP include:
- Ideal for industrial rope access; mountain rescue; military and swift water rescue applicatons
- Sterling HTP has superior strength and handling due to the unique and finely tuned sheath and twisted core construction.
- Even after extensive use, HTP remains supple and easy to use.
- For tower erection and maintenance, transmission line rescue, and work at height uses, HTP offers low electrical conductivity, and greater resistance from UV and certain chemicals.
- As polyester is a naturally dry fiber, HTP resists moisture and maintains its high strength characteristics even in wet conditions.
- HTP is compatible with devices like the Petzl I’D and the LOV2 making this the right rope for a variety of technical rope access and rescue applications.
Diameter (mm): 11.0
MBS Rating (kN): 30.5
Weight (lb/100'): 6.5
Elongation at 300 lb (%): 1.9
MBS Rating (lb):6,856
Elongation at 10% MBS (%): 4.0